Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The One Where You're The Only One Who Can See Me Like This.

Dear Lover,

I have to admit.
It is a strange concept.
This writing to you.
To someone I've not even met yet.
Sometimes I think the reason I write to you is because, deep down, I fear you'll never come.
So use an act like these letters to reach out and grasp at the idea of you.
To bring you closer.
When you feel so far away.
Sometimes I think the reason I write to you is because I feel that you are very near.
Nearer than ever before.
And I can't help but imagine that perhaps you'll stumble upon these little letters of mine.
And find the courage to understand all of this, all at once.
Sometimes I think the reason I write to you is because I know I'm shy.
Fear that, in being so in love with you, I'll close up.
Not share with you all these emotions that seem to spill so much easier when I write them down.
Although I have a feeling you just might be the one who could help me express them.
Could help me shout them to the tree limbs.
And watch them cling to the bare branches and blossom and bloom above us.

And sometimes I hope you're like Andrew McCarthy in Mannequin.

Love,
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment