Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The One Where I've Said Crack Too Many Times So Now It Doesn't Seem Like An Actual Word.

Dear Lover,

It's called many things.
Sparks.  Butterflies.  Firecrackers.  Tunnel vision.
But.
I have an idea.
That when I see you for the first time.
A calmness will come over me, instead.
I hope so.
Because when I'm calm.
I can crack a mean joke.
Can come up with witty banter at the crack of a whip.
And crack you up.
(I don't know what the deal is with all this crack imagery I'm using.)
This would be important, you see.
The act of you laughing at my jokes...
Because that's when I'll know.
That'll be the clue.
That we'll be able to entertain ourselves for years and years to come.
Whereupon.
I'll throw caution to the wind.
And take a crack at you.

Love,
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment