Thursday, June 3, 2010

The One With He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

Dear Lover,

On the other hand.
There once was another boy.
He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.
Who broke my heart.
And made me feel about this small.

And there are lots of songs that remind me of him.
Pearl Jam ones that I screamed at.
Counting Crows ones that I grew depressed at.
Jewel ones that I sobbed at.

And there are lots of places that remind me of him.
Certain places on campus.
Austin, Texas.
Riodosa, New Mexico.

They are hard songs to listen to.
And they are hard places to revisit.
Without suddenly feeling a sweeping sensation of heaviness overcome me.

But I am getting better.
I am learning how to say, good riddance.
(Perhaps with a choice curse word inserted in between.)
And I'm hoping.
That by the time you come around.
He'll have become, He-Who?

Love,
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment