Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The One With No Matter How Long It Takes, No Matter How Far, I Will Find You.


Dear Lover,

Of all the movies out there.
If you ever want to cuddle on the couch with me.
Feel my head rest upon your shoulder.
And watch emotion come over me and swell up my eyes and cheeks.

Pop in Last of the Mohicans.

Goodness.
That movie sweeps me up.
Something about Daniel Day-Lewis.
And the extreme loyalty he has for the characters and stories he dedicates himself to.
Something about Madeleine Stowe's brave beauty.
And running into her that one time back home, and the smile and nod we shared.
Like she knew she'd just passed by a kindred spirit.
Something about Eric Schweig as Uncas.
And his quiet courage and kindness.
Oh, Uncas, my favorite.
Something about Jodhi May.
And the single braid in her hair as her heart broke within her.
Something about the filming at North Carolina.
And the running through the wilds woods to the seeming safety of the waterfall.
Something about the Last of the Mohicans finale.
Cue the Scottish fiddler that haunts my soul.
And which will be echoing in my ears as I walk towards you.
I'm sure of it.

Love,
Me.



No comments:

Post a Comment