Friday, November 12, 2010

The One With Liz Lemon.


Dear Lover,

I was reminded of one of my favorite episodes of 30 Rock the other day.
Was reminded that searching for "the one" can be disastrous.
Can be frustrating and exhausting.
But, if you know what you want.
And just remain patient.
Well, that's a start.

"I want someone who will be monogamous and nice to his mother.  And I want someone who likes musicals, but knows to just shut his mouth when I'm watching Lost.  And I want someone who thinks being really into cars is lame, and strip clubs are gross.  I want someone who will actually empty the dishwasher instead of just taking out forks as needed - like I do.  I want someone with clean hands and feet and beefy forearms, like a damn Disney prince.  And I want him to genuinely like me.  Even when I'm old.  And that's what I want." 
- Liz Lemon, 30 Rock.

Love,
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment