Thursday, August 5, 2010

The One Where I'm On The Pavement Thinking About The Government.


Dear Lover,

My eyes are heavy.
Like eyelids to the ground sort of heavy.
And I've got a ringing in my ears.
Because last night.
My brother and I went to see Bob Dylan.
As we sat, legs stretched out, leaning on our wrists, on the lawn.
The wind whipped the curtains behind the stage.
Making his shadow.
As he leaned back on his harmonica.
Dance.
The stars shook.
And that shadowed flat top hat of his.
Rocked back and forth.
Like the swinging of our heels.

Love,
Me.

1 comment:

  1. I just have to tell you that I stumbled across your blog (from a comment you left on TPW). I love it... the uniqueness and your perspective.

    I'll be back!

    Leah
    http://thesevenhillscollection.wordpress.com
    (For whatever reason, I was having trouble leaving a comment when signed in).

    ReplyDelete